EMDR Therapy Specialists Near Me
June 11, 2021 , Agape Treatment Center
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy
When people think of therapy, they tend to think of sitting across from a man or woman who is scrolling down notes on a small notepad and continuously asking, “How does that make you feel?” The truth is, there are many different types of therapeutic intervention, ranging from traditional talk therapy to effective and lesser-known methods like EMDR therapy near me.
EMDR therapy, short for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, is a type of therapy most commonly used to treat post-traumatic stress disorder and other types of unresolved trauma. However, in recent times, this therapeutic method is also very beneficial when it comes to treating symptoms associated with substance abuse and dependence.
During an Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing session, a client will relive a specific traumatic event in small increments while the therapist controls eye movements. As a result, memories are unearthed and effectively work through in a completely non-invasive way.
EMDR Helps With Trauma
It can be difficult for people who have lived through trauma to talk openly about their experiences with a licensed therapist. However, in many cases, addressing unresolved trauma or other painful experiences is more comfortable for the client. There are eight different phases of EMDR therapy near me. This type of therapy is best carried out in an inpatient treatment center when all eight phases can be undergone individually but over three months. If you have been struggling with substance abuse and unresolved trauma, you might be wondering, “Where can I find an Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy specialist near me?”
Agape Treatment Center has several therapists on staff licensed in EMDR that are highly experienced. This is just one of the many services we offer to our clients. To learn more about Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy and how it may help you or a loved one with trauma, reach out to us today.
The Eight Phases of EMDR Treatment
The eight phases of EMDR are as follows:
- Phase 1: During the initial phase of EMDR therapy, the therapist will explore the client’s personal history and begin the treatment planning process. Treatment planning includes briefly discussing all underlying traumatic experiences and discussing the goal of the therapeutic sessions with the client.
- Phase 2: The second phase is the preparation phase. The therapist begins to teach the client healthy coping strategies with potential emotional triggers, and stress management techniques are discussed thoroughly.
- Phase 3: During the treatment process’s assessment phase, the therapist helps the client uncover the specific memories that are keeping him or her sick and suffering.
- Phase 4 – Phase 7: During phase 4, phase 5, phase 6, and phase 7, the client undergoes the actual treatment, and EMDR therapy techniques are used to work through targeted memories and regain mental and emotional health. The therapist uses bilateral stimulation to control eye movements and quickly bring the client back to the present moment if he or she is experiencing any degree of emotional distress.
- Phase 7: The final phase of the treatment process is the evaluation phase. The Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapist evaluates whether or not treatment has been successful and helps the client come up with any necessary treatment plans for the future.
It can be difficult to fully grasp how effective this therapeutic method is if you have not experienced it firsthand. Therefore, if you would like to learn more about EMDR therapy near me, or if you would like to learn about the role that Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy plays in our overall treatment program, please feel free to reach out to us at any point in time and ask any questions you might have.
EMDR Specialists at Agape Treatment Center
If you are looking for EMDR specialists near me, look no further than Agape Treatment Center. Our comprehensive recovery program utilizes numerous proven therapeutic techniques to provide our clients with the most integrated care available in the state. To learn more about our recovery program or to learn more about the effectiveness of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy, pick up the phone and give us a call today. We are available 24/7, and all calls are free and completely confidential.
Agape Treatment Center for substance abuse embraces a universal, unconditional love that transcends, that serves regardless of circumstances. We provide individuals all over the country with the opportunity to achieve the gift of lasting sobriety.