Outpatient Counseling for Mental Health Disorders
January 21, 2021 , Agape Treatment Center
Individualized Mental Health Treatment in an Outpatient Setting
Addiction and mental health go hand in hand. If you have been struggling with a mild or moderate substance use disorder, and you were previously diagnosed with a mental health condition like anxiety or depression, an outpatient counseling program for mental health disorders might be an ideal option. Outpatient treatment provides for more flexible care, allowing clients to return home every evening after they have completed a partial day of intensive therapy and counseling.
We Are a Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Outpatient Center
If an individual has been suffering at the hands of a severe substance abuse disorder and a mental health condition, it is always a good idea for him or her to attend a dual diagnosis treatment program. However, if the substance abuse disorder has not yet resulted in a range of personal consequences, and if the mental health condition is currently being medicated and overseen by a psychiatrist, outpatient treatment might be the better option. If you are unsure as to what treatment option is the best fit for your unique case, give us a call and we will gladly conduct a brief evaluation over the phone. At AGAPE, we are a dual diagnosis mental health outpatient center that focuses on healing the mind, body, and spirit.
A Professional Outpatient Mental Health Program
The outpatient services we provide to clients who are simultaneously struggling with substance abuse and mental health disorders include:
- Intensive individual therapy sessions, take place at least once a week. During these therapy sessions, clients will have the opportunity to sit down in a one-on-one environment and work through underlying mental health concerns while focusing on the underlying causes of their substance abuse disorder.
- Regular group therapy sessions that focus on the link between substance abuse and mental health. Group therapy sessions in our dual diagnosis outpatient rehab program explore different types of mental illness and the relationship between drug and alcohol use and mental health.
- One-on-one meetings with an on-staff psychiatrist. clients who are in our dual diagnosis program have access to a licensed psychiatrist, who will help diagnose and properly medicate any potential co-occurring disorders.
- Relapse prevention training. Clients who simultaneously struggle with a mental health concerns and with substance abuse must know how to effectively work through uncomfortable emotions to avoid a relapse into old behaviors.
- Life skills training. struggling with a co-occurring disorder makes it more difficult to accomplish day-to-day tasks and maintain the motivation necessary to successfully reintegrate into society. We teach our clients vital life skills, encouraging them to implement these skills in their day-to-day lives.
To learn more about our comprehensive mental health program or to learn more about our outpatient treatment program, reach out to us at any point in time – we are constantly available to answer any questions you may have.
Mental Health Disorders Treated at Agape Treatment Center
Some of the mental health disorders that we commonly treat include:
- Panic disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Personality disorders
At Agape Treatment Center, we believe that for long-term sobriety to be maintained, an integrated approach to clinical care must be taken. This means that we simultaneously tackle the physical mental and emotional implications of active addiction while diving deep into underlying causes and closely examining any co-occurring disorders. Upon admission to our treatment program, each client undergoes an in-depth psychological evaluation which helps us determine whether or not any pre-existing conditions are present. if a client has been previously diagnosed with a mental health disorder, he or she will be put on the dual diagnosis treatment track.
This will allow for a more integrated level of care, and mental health will be covered just as comprehensively as the substance abuse disorder itself. For more information, reach out today – our treatment advisors are standing by to answer any pertinent questions you may have or to point you in the right direction.
Agape Treatment Center for substance abuse embraces a universal, unconditional love that transcends, that serves regardless of circumstances. We provide individuals all over the country with the opportunity to achieve the gift of lasting sobriety.